It’s never too early to plan for your future.
The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is a three-part plan that includes a tax-deferred retirement savings and investment plan, functioning similar to 401 (k) plans offered by private sector employers.
The FERS plan provides benefits from three different sources:
Read more about FERS policy and eligibility details on the OPM website, including information on:
- Eligibility – The main eligibility requirements for the common types of retirement.
- Computation – How your retirement annuity is computed.
- Planning and Applying – It's never too early to start planning for retirement in order to ensure it goes smoothly. Here you will find information to help ensure your retirement starts well.
- Types of Retirement – Learn about the age, service requirements, and considerations affecting the various types of retirement.
- Military Retired Pay – Adding military service to your civilian service.