Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) Team Lead
Location: 1 vacancy - Ft Belvoir, VA
Pay scale & grade: GS 14
Open and closing dates: 3/11/2019 to 03/25/2019
- Serves as FIAR team lead providing seasoned expert advice, support, and assistance to the team and to the Financial Management Division Comptroller regarding assigned program requirements.
- Identifies program measures to quickly address issues and recommends course of action and resolutions.
- As the subject matter expert, plans, manages, coordinates, and reports on all aspects of the FIAR related audit plans and Internal Controls over Financial Systems (ICOFS) and Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) requirements.
- Leads the team in performing high priority and high visibility program reviews, studies or projects pertaining to financial reporting policies and procedures and financial management systems including systems owned by other Defense agencies.
- Oversees the FIAR staff's coordination efforts between the Agency and the Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) to ensure the Agency's internal control programs are fairly represented by the IPA.
- Provides expert advice to the Agency staff elements on the establishment and implementation of systems for internal controls and recommends revisions and innovations to programs as applicable.
Supervisory Auditor (Deputy Assistant Director)
Location: 1 vacancy in the following areas - La Palma, CA; Smyrna, GA; Irving, TX; Fort Belvoir, VA
Pay scale & grade: GS 15
Open and closing dates: 3/14/2019 to 04/12/2019
- Formulates, develops, directs, and executes DCAA's internal Quality Assurance (QA) reviews that assess Agency audit staff compliance with the professional standards, regulations and Agency policies and procedures.
- Reviews include formal internal QA reviews based on the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) guidelines and other internally or externally directed reviews.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficacy of QA processes and results.
- Manages and directs a staff of QA auditors, supervisors, and administrative staff, ensuring that subordinate supervisors deal equitably and effectively on all required personnel management and administration issues.
- Conducts and supports Agency liaison and interface with Government Accountability Office (GAO), the DoD Inspector General (DoDIG), as well as other Federal and non-Federal audit organizations.