DCAA internships offer current students the opportunity to work for the Federal government while completing their education. These internships provide a path to a career at DCAA and allow qualified individuals the opportunity to gain valuable training and career development experience. Internships may also qualify for course credit, depending on your school’s specific policies and requirements. The program provides:
- Paid work experience and on-the-job training;
- The potential to convert to a permanent full-time position after successfully completing the program and your degree; and
- The opportunity to see how rewarding it is to support our military as a DCAA auditor.
At the end of your internship you can potentially transition to a full time position, if DCAA requirements are met. Converting is a straight-forward process and not as challenging and time consuming as some believe. For example, you will not be required to:
- Complete an application in USAJOBs;
- Submit an updated resume detailing your intern experience;
- Interview for the position.
If you are or become an intern with DCAA and through your intern experience decide you want a permanent full time position with DCAA, here are the requirements you must meet:
- Complete at least 640 hours of work while an intern;
- Earn your degree with an acceptable GPA of 2.9 or higher;
- Demonstrate successful job performance as an intern;
- Be willing to accept an open position within DCAA at either the office where you interned or at another location within the agency.
Working for DCAA is a rewarding job and you’ll be part of our mission of supporting the warfighters and protecting the taxpayers.